Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/
Start Over with Job Search
Job Description/Essential Functions:
· Provide support, education, counseling and guidance to participants in the recovery process.
· Develop and reinforce mechanisms and resources to facilitate a substance free life style
· Ensure a safe, secure and pleasant environment, in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
· Implement the overall mission, values and beliefs of Horizon House in all aspects of the job.
· High School diploma or GED and 1-2 years of relevant experience in substance abuse counseling or working with the homeless population; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) preferred, and ongoing coursework in Drug and Alcohol Counseling to qualify for recertification.
· Some knowledge of multiple support systems for substance abusers or the homeless.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team.
· Frequent talking ,listening and monitoring.
· Requires the ability to lift, carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop, climb stairs and bend which may include direct intervention with residents.
· May require verbal crisis intervention assistance in emergency situations.
· Must be available for local travel and possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
· Scheduling flexibility and possible on-call work are necessary.
· May be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster