Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Montgomery County, PA
Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues and substance abuse. With over 100 locations throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strengths and choices.
We are seeking qualified candidates interested in joining our team in Hatboro, PA.
The Crisis Worker provides support in a residential setting to individuals experiencing mental health crisis who do not pose an immediate risk to their own or the safety of others. Assists individuals with learning to live and function as independently as possible in the community. The Crisis Worker facilitates coordination and arrangement of the provision of specialized services. Some of the responsibilities include the following:
• Accepts assigned participant(s) at time of admission, complete documentation and orient participant to facility routines
• Become familiar with relevant personal, familial, social, vocational and cultural data and observe and respond to significant changes in participant mental and physical health.
• Monitor and support participants focusing on each person's personal and treatment goals; counsel participants to help them effectively deal with problems, values, responsibilities and relationships; and assist with personal futures planning.
• Assists with accurately accounting for house petty cash expenditures.
• Communicate as needed with other members of the rehabilitation/treatment team including program staff, case managers, consultants, members of the medical profession and family members to provide continuous supports; participate in planning and linking conferences as needed.
• Report needed repairs and follow-up on safety concerns with supervisor and participate in the routine facility cleaning and maintenance as assigned.
• Assist participants with ADL Skills, chores, personal finances, cooking, etc.
• High school diploma or equivalency and 3 years of mental health direct care experience or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required. Other experience or education may be required by the credentialing body where appropriate.
• Knowledge of mental health systems and supports.
• Knowledgeable of privacy of information regulations and guidelines pertaining to their access, use, and disclosure requirements.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster