Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice. Currently, we are seeking a part-time Psychiatrist to work in our Behavioral Health Services Division.
· To provide psychiatric assessment, evaluation and diagnosis of individuals in the Partial Hospitalization Programs, Outpatient and Assessment, and Substance Abuse Services.
· To attend and participate in client case conferences as co-treatment team leader; oversee counselors and managers in the formulation and monitoring of treatment plans.
· To clinically supervise the psychiatric treatment of all clients by monitoring and ensuring the provision of an acceptable level of clinical practice, in compliance with funding source requirements and Agency policies and procedures.
· Receives general direction from the Chief Psychiatrist.
· Board Certified Licensed Psychiatrist in the State of PA., preferred; or will accept a Board Eligible Licensed Psychiatrist, seeking Board Certification.
· Prior experience in servicing community mental health facilities and their psychiatric needs.
· At least 3-4 years of supervisory/management experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric clinical and psychosocial rehabilitation practices.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Very strong organization and analytical skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Frequent talking and listening.
· May require verbal crisis intervention assistance in emergency situations.
· It is agreed and understood that employee shall not be liable for events or for crises in which employee is not personally and actively involved.
Horizon House offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including: medical & dental, (9) nine paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, transit benefit program, opportunities for advancement and more.
To be considered an applicant please apply at www.hhinc.org and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
Horizon House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer • M/F/Veteran/ Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House,
Inc. All Rights Reserved::Contact the