Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Lehigh County, PA
2541-910 EMMAUS St
3pm-11pm e/o weekend
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of
The position has responsibility for providing support in a residential setting to individuals experiencing mental health crisis who do not pose an immediate risk to their own or the safety of others. Assists individuals with learning to live and function as independently as possible in the community. The Crisis Worker facilitates coordination and arrangement of the provision of specialized services. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Accept assigned participant(s) at time of admission, complete documentation and orient participant to facility routines
• Become familiar with relevant personal, familial, social, vocational and cultural data and observe and respond to significant changes in participant mental and physical health.
• Monitor and support participants focusing on each person's personal and treatment goals; counsel participants to help them effectively deal with problems, values, responsibilities and relationships; and assist with personal futures planning.
• Assist with accurately accounting for house petty cash expenditures.
• Communicate as needed with other members of the rehabilitation/treatment team including program staff, case managers, consultants, members of the medical profession and family members to provide continuous supports; participate in planning and linking conferences as needed.
• Report needed repairs and follow-up on safety concerns with supervisor and participate in the routine facility cleaning and maintenance as assigned.
• Assist participants with ADL Skills, chores, personal finances, cooking, etc.
• Ideal candidates will have High school diploma combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Knowledge of mental health systems and supports.
• Knowledgeable of privacy of information regulations and guidelines pertaining to their access, use, and disclosure requirements.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
• Frequent talking and listening.
• Manual dexterity.
• Flexibility in scheduling and available to do 24-hour on-call coverage.
• Must be able to push, pull, move, lift, carry fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with participants.
• Local travel required, including transporting program participants.
• May be required to report to work during emergencies, including inclement weather.
• Must be able to assist in the evacuation of participants during emergency situations.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster