Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Montgomery County, PA
2521-Mont. County ACT
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of
. The position has responsibility for coordinating employment assessments and planning with other members of the ACT team; functions as a clinical member of the multidisciplinary team providing treatment, rehabilitation, and support services. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Provides individual and group vocational-supportive counseling to enable clients to identify vocational strengths and problems, establish vocational or career goals and plans to reach them, and recognize and target symptoms of mental illness that interfere with work.
• Provides service coordination (case management for an assigned group of clients) including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment team.
• Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g. onset, course an effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnosis; vocational history; and use of drugs or alcohol.
• Acts as liaison and consultant with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
• Provides individual and group treatment in the office and in community settings in a stage-based treatment model that is non-confrontational, consider interactions of mental and substance abuse, and has client-centered goals.
• Provides on-call crisis intervention during nighttime and weekend hours.
• Ideal candidates will have Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or other related field. Experience in employment rehabilitation required if degree is not in Rehabilitation Counseling. Experience working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
• Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to work in market jobs and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
• Proficient communication and analytical skills; must be detail oriented.
• Knowledge of mental health systems and supports with some knowledge of multiple support systems for substance abusers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
• Frequent talking and listening.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, fold, kneel, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with clients.
• Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
• May require crisis intervention in emergency situations.
• Flexibility in scheduling and available to do 24 hour on-call coverage.
• Local travel required, including transporting program participants.
• May be required to report to work during emergencies, including inclement weather.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster