Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Lehigh County, PA
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of
. The position as part of the ACT multidisciplinary team provides has the responsibility to assist clients with obtaining housing; maintaining housing resources; and promoting client self-sufficiency and independent living. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Source market for affordable housing for semi/independent client living.
• Assist clients in finding and maintaining a safe and affordable place to live: apartment hunting, finding a roommate, landlord
negotiating, cleaning, furnishing and decorating, and procuring necessities (e.g., telephone, furnishings linens).
• Conduct initial assessments to collect clients' information in order to develop comprehensive histories.
• Facilitate client group on preparedness for independent living.
• Participate with clients' development and refinement of individual recovery plans incorporating clients' strengths, in determining level of self-sufficiency skills.
• Coordinate referrals with other agencies/facilities to meet the assessed needs of the clients.
• Work closely and establish on-going dialogue with other agencies, treatment facilities and advocacy or support groups.
• Provide on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime hours and serve as a back-up to evening and weekend staff.
• Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services/Social Services, Healthcare, or a related field and 3 years of experience in the Mental Health/Substance Abuse field.
• Proficient communication and analytical skills; must be detail oriented.
• Knowledge of mental health systems and supports with some knowledge of multiple support systems for substance abusers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Frequent talking and listening.
Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Requires the ability to lift, carry, fold, kneel, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with clients.
May require crisis intervention in emergency situations.
Flexibility in scheduling and available to do 24 hour on-call coverage.
Local travel required, including transporting program participants.
May be required to report to work during emergencies, including inclement weather.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster