Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Mental Health Professional
Lehigh County, PA
2541-910 EMMAUS St
Monday - Friday 3pm-11pm
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of
Mental Health Professional
. The position has responsibility for provides support in a residential setting to individuals experiencing mental health crisis who do not pose an immediate risk to their own or the safety of others. The position also develops and implements individual program plans, coordinate and arrange the provision of specialized services, provide counseling, and crisis intervention support. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Provides direct clinical services including individual supportive therapy and psychotherapy to participants individually and in groups.
• Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis, physical and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol, education and employment, social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., living situation, nutrition, money management).
• Provides service coordination and support to participants focusing on each person's personal and treatment goals; Assume primary responsibility for developing writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the participant. Provide supportive therapy and symptom management. Advocate for participants’ rights and preferences.
• Provide on-going assessment of participant’s mental illness symptoms and responses to treatment plans to ensure immediate and appropriate interventions are provided in response to changes in mental status or behavior that put [participants at risk (e.g., suicide.)
• Reports needed repairs and follow-up on safety concerns to supervisor and participate in the routine facility cleaning and maintenance as assigned.
• Provides direct services to persons with serious mental illnesses during specified shifts and guidance to participants with chores, ADL skills, personal finances, cooking, etc.
• Ideal candidates will have Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology Rehabilitation Counseling or Education and 3 years of mental health direct care experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of mental health direct care experience.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team.
• Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and respect for client rights and personal preferences in treatment are essential.
• Knowledge of mental health systems and supports.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
Frequent talking and listening.
Flexibility in scheduling and available to do 24-hour on-call coverage.
Requires the ability to lift, carry hold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend, which may include direct intervention with participants.
Local travel required, including transporting program participants.
May be required to report to work during emergencies, including inclement weather.
Must be able to assist in the evacuation of clients during emergency situations.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster