Horizon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Start Over with Job Search
Philadelphia County, PA
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Horizon House, Inc. is a nationally recognized provider of services to adults with support needs due to developmental disabilities, behavioral health issues, and substance abuse. Horizon House is Pennsylvania’s oldest psychiatric rehabilitation agency. Since 1952, we have been dedicated to helping people with mental illness, drug and alcohol addictions, developmental/intellectual disabilities, and homelessness to stabilize their lives and to help them live as independently as possible in the community. With over 100 locations throughout South and North Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware, Horizon House provides services to a diverse population focusing on individual strength and choice.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of
. The position has responsibility for providing community-based supports to individuals in compliance with the Agency service contract and policies and procedures. Approximately 75% of work is done in the community. The selected candidate does home based visitations and interacts with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that participants receive individualized services designed to meet their needs and to help them successfully maintain housing and accomplish their recovery goals. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinate the behavioral and physical health care needs of service participants.
• Monitor participant’s medication and provide psychiatric nursing services consistent with physician orders and standard nursing practices.
• Participate as a member of a focused team which provides Assertive Community Treatment services to ensure that service participants reach their maximum level of functioning in the community. Approximately 75% of the work is in the community.
• Complete health and biopsychosocial assessments for every active participant.
• Consult with team members regarding development and implementation of the health care needs and goals. Coordinate with team member’s routine medical, vision, lab and dental appointments. Ensure a mechanism for reporting and follow-up results.
• Consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
• Maintain a record of medical history and on-going medical and treatment records. Service documentation must be submitted in a timely fashion.
• Board Certified Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
•Prior experience in servicing community mental health facilities and their psychiatric needs.
• Comprehensive knowledge of psychiatric, clinical and psychosocial rehabilitation practices.
• Understanding of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) model of service.
• Must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form with every level of the behavioral health system and maintain effective professional relationships with associates in the Agency/community at large.
• Very strong organization and analytical skills.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
• Frequent talking and listening.
• Light lifting or carrying not to exceed 25 lbs.
• May require verbal crisis intervention assistance in emergency situations.
• Must be available for scheduled emergency on-call service and will be required to carry a mobile phone during regularly scheduled on-call service. As essential personnel, may be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather.
• It is agreed and understood that the employee shall not be liable for events or for crisis in which the employee is not personally and actively involved.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster