Horizon House, a non-profit organization, has been widely recognized for its services as a provider of community-based behavioral health, intellectual disabled and homeless services in Eastern Pennsylvania and the state of Delaware. Each year, Horizon House provides a continuum of services at over 100 sites to over 4,500 adults with psychiatric or developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol addictions, and/or homelessness. A pioneer in the field of community-based rehabilitation, Horizon House is widely recognized for its innovative approach to the delivery of services in a community setting. Currently, we are seeking an on call Residential Advisor to work in our Developmental Services Division.
Some duties to include:
· To provide care and supervision of all assigned residents to ensure a safe, healthy, secure and pleasant environment, which promotes and reinforces resident growth and development.
· To assist in the design and implementation of the Individual Recovery Plans and document participant progress as they move through the service delivery system.
·To advocate resident growth toward independence in self-care, daily living skills, socialization and community living.
· As well as other duties assigned
· A.A. degree in the social sciences or health care related field and one year of relevant experience in the MH/MR field or High school diploma and two years experience in the mental health field; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
· Demonstrated crisis intervention/prevention and de-escalation skills required.
· Good communication skills, both oral & written.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Requires the ability to lift carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with residents.
· Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
· Required to possess a valid drivers' license and an acceptable driving record
· May require frequent crisis intervention in emergency situations.
· May be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather.
© Copyright 2009. Horizon House,
Inc. All Rights Reserved::Contact the